Saturday, February 16, 2008

The next Shah Rukh Khan?

On Wednesday I took my shot at stardom by being in a Bollywood movie. I was an extra! The scene was a colorful Indian wedding, and the star was crashing it to get the groom she loves. There were a lot of foreigners there from all over the world. It was excessively sunny and there was a lot of downtime, which allowed me to get to know all of the other foreign and local extras!

Local casting crews like to get fair skinned extras from the touristy area of Bombay for movies where the location requires it. I made 500 rupees - over three times the average daily income of a mumbaiker of 135 Rs (of course, there are a lot of questions you could ask about how this number was generated). This remuneration paid for my (decent) dinner that night, which should tell you something about the aforementioned average income. Don't tell the Indian government that I violated the terms of my non-work visa.

1 comment:

g-ita said...

I'm in awe!!!!! Now where do we get the movie?