Sunday, January 10, 2010

MBA

(changes: edited for spelling) I arrived in Fontainebleau two days ago. The town is located about
one hour south of Paris by train. I'm set up in a house I arranged
with my classmate Bo while I was in Shanghai. This house is awesome.
It's quite big, and there is ample room for the three housemates (plus
a charming girl guest who's been hanging out here since we moved in).
All this means that I've started my year at INSEAD. I was
fortunate enough to get into this excellent program, and equally
fortunate that they took me back in after I deferred my acceptance for
one year to pursue my entrepreneurial aspirations in Shenzhen and
Shanghai.
INSEAD has two campuse. One is here in France, the other is in
Singapore. Students decide whether they want to spend the whole year
in one place or the other, or split the year between the two. There
are two intakes of students, one every January, and one every august.
The January intakes enjoy the opportunity and challenge to find a
summer internship with an investment bank, consulting firm, or in
industry. Those choices are similar to the career choices students
must make upon graduating, along with one more, which is
entrepreneurship.
I remain keen on entrepreneurship, and that is my main reason for
intending to transfer to Singapore later in the year because it is
known to have stronger entrepreneurship electives. However, under the
burden of a student loan, the odds are stacked against my pursuing
that for several years.
With each post I am posting at least one photo, and due to that I
must formally issue an IOU to the reader who I hope will understand as
I have typed this entire post on the torture device known as the
iPhone, and can not send photo attachments for emailed posts. Expect
the next weekly post to have a second replacement photo plus an
additional one due to interest. My early MBA skills calculate this to
be an interest rate of 5200%.

No comments: